Restaurant owners who are building or remodeling their property can reduce their federal tax liabilities through a cross segregation study. Restaurant owners are able to benefit from Cost Segregation studies by increasing their cash flow, and lowering federal tax burdens.
Qualifying items that can be reallocated
- Carpeting, vinyl, and epoxy flooring
- Canopies and awnings
- Kitchen equipment gas systems
- Sound systems
- Equipment related electrical and plumbing connections
- Decorative light fixtures
- Kitchen storage and preparation equipment
38-year building shell and interior improvements are treated as depreciable assets for restaurant owners.